[csw-maintainers] Empty prototype even though PKGFILES_CSWcupsclient is set correctly

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Jul 27 20:23:14 CEST 2009

Hi Maciej,

Am 27.07.2009 um 19:24 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> A general idea... make a 'catch all' package, which is supposed to be
> empty.

There is already a catch-all package: the one for which you don't
specify PKGFILES_*

> If it contains any files, it means that some files haven't been
> matched in other packages.

Usually you split off certain functions into different packages:
documentation, development... and a main package - that main
package is meant to be the catch-all package.

> Or perhaps mGAR could have such check:
> "have all the regexes caught all the files from the install
> directory?" What do you think Dago, what would be the best way to go
> about it?

IMHO for the general case the current implementation is optimal.
In most cases you just say
   PKGFILES_CSWpkgdevel = $(PKGFILES_DEVEL)
and be done with it. I think it is important to make the most common
case easy, while still making hard things possible, and that is what
the current implementation does. I am not opposed to enhancements
but I can't think of a real enhancement right now.