[csw-maintainers] A backed up file in $FILEDIR triggers the 'uncommitted' warning

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 8 16:40:25 CEST 2009

mGAR currently adds 'UNCOMMITTED' when a package is built from sources
which are not committed to the repository. When building packages, I
often issue 'gmake clean' to make sure that the package is being built
from scratch. This deletes everything from downloads/ - all source
files need to be downloaded again. To avoid pulling sources multiple
times, I copy files from downloads/ to files/ - 'gmake clean' doesn't
remove them. In this way, I can rebuild packages from scratch without
re-downloading everything. However, an uncommitted file in $FILEDIR
causes mGAR to think that these files (tarballs, usually) are some
uncommitted material.

Perhaps the rule for stuff in files/ could be:

1. If there are changes in the checksums file, it's uncommitted.

2. If there are no changes in the checksums file, and the actual
checksums in files/ don't match, it's uncommitted

3. If there are no changes in the checksums file, and the actual
checksums in files/ do match, it is not uncommitted, even though some
files aren't added to the repository.

...or perhaps there is a way of cleaning the build directory without
deleting downloads?