[csw-maintainers] mGAR v2 : more small problems

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 1 20:50:31 CET 2009

Hi William,

Am 25.02.2009 um 00:35 schrieb William Bonnet:
> First sorry for this long and uneasy to read email. I hope you'll
> retrieve the information between logs.
>
> I have finished updating kbproto and experienced several problems.
> It seems difficult to build package on both sparc and x86 without
> doing a clean between the different build.

This is because it is not supported (yet) ;-) The reason is that
some information like cookies for the global modulation is shared
between different GARCHs and confuses GAR about what things already
have been done. Ideally nobody should notice the change, with
the exception of "clean", where "clean" means "clean up
everything for the current GARCH". Similar to the current
behaviour would be the existing targets "imageclean" and
"spotless", which completely remove download/, cookies/ and
workdir/.

I see two solutions here:

1. Put cookies/, download/ and work/ in something like work-$(GARCH)/
    and leave everything else the same
2. change global/ to global-$(GARCH)/, pkgroot/ to pkgroot-$(GARCH)/
etc.

At the moment I am unsure what would be easier to implement and
understand.

Solving this issue would also allow parallel builds on sparc
and x86.

> PS: shouldn't we create a mantis project for mgar ? or do i have to
> use SF.net bugtracker ?

Please use the SF bugtracker as GAR is a SF project. Looks
like this is a feature request ;-) BTW, I was already working
on this some time ago when other things distracted me...