[csw-maintainers] Firefox 2 update

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Sun Mar 1 21:16:55 CET 2009

Hi,

Since FF3 is still not ready, i have started to update FF2 package to
latest version 2.0.0.20 (security fix). I have created a branch in svn
to work on FF3.

I am thinking of creating a CSWfirefox2 package once FF3 will be available.

My point of view is that CSWfirefox should be lastest version. This is
what most users are looking for. But as long as Mozilla will maintain
FF2, there is no real need to drop it. The simplest solution for end
user seems to me the following (when FF2 is ready).

CSWfirefox moves to v3
CSWfirefox2 is created
CSWfirefox2 is the latest v2 (security release)
CSWfirefox2 and CSWfirefox are declared as I (Incompatible). That means
you won't be able to run both at the same time.

This solution is not the best, but the easiest (in fact the easiest is
to drop firefox2 ;) ). I will look at the possibility to locate it
somewhere else, but i am affraid that some mozilla script have to be
modified :( Not sure yet, but i add some strange behavior when compiling
and using FF3.

cheers

--

William                  http://www.wbonnet.net