[csw-maintainers] Firefox 2 update

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Mar 2 00:32:28 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 09:16:55PM +0100, William Bonnet wrote:
> This solution is not the best, but the easiest (in fact the easiest is
> to drop firefox2 ;)

I think it would probably be best to keep "firefox" as
*best*, not "latest".

If firefox3 is not ready to replace firefox2, then it is not ready to be
named as "firefox" software, in my opinion.

And if it IS ready to replace firefox2, then no point in having a firefox2
package.

For those fanatics who really really want firefox3, you might create a
non-registered firefox3 package and keep it in testing? :-}

(but might create bandwidth problems if it becomes too popular)