[csw-maintainers] Python 2.6 and mod_python

Mike Watters mwatters at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 7 16:32:52 CET 2009

Rupert,
	I downloaded the source for mod_wsgi and took a look at it.

I have a good Idea where you are stuck; if I am right,
all your problems "should" be taken care of with the "new" python 2.6 package.

I noticed mod_wsgi ignores the compile time variables and only uses the python-config values for the build flags.
Unfortunately in the version on the build farm is incorrect (missing -L/opt/csw/lib et.al.)
The version in testing has been corrected, and I plan on releasing it next week as I have only received good feedback
"so far".

if you want to compile it now you can add the following to your Makefile ( if using gar v2 )

[==>  code begin  <==]
## Fix Makefile LDFLAGS to correct broken python-config return values
post-configure-modulated:
        @( perl -i -plne 's|^LDFLAGS = .*|LDFLAGS = -L/opt/csw/lib|' \
                $(WORKSRC)/Makefile )

[==>  code end  <==]