[csw-maintainers] Downgrading DHCP from 4.1 to 3.1 temporarily?

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 13 18:45:59 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> but the current one "works for me" too.

Then we're up to 50% confirmed working installations. :-)

> I think perhaps we should either just put a temporary dhcp3 package in our
> "testing" dir... or if this is some kind of LONG TERM issue, we have a
> separate dhcpd3 package.
> (and note "dhcpD", not generic "dhcp" any more)_

Those I've talked with I have directed to
http://csw.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/oldpkgs but putting 3.1 in
testing is ok with me, less chance of them picking an even older one.

> >From what I vaguely recall reading, the dhcpd4 is "better" than the 3 one,
> for a variety of reasons. so I think we need to keep offering the 4.
> Thus, replacing v4 with v3, does not seem to be the best choice.

So how do we get the message out? Post on the users list, refer to the
bug report, link to the old package? Good enough?

--
/peter