[csw-maintainers] Downgrading DHCP from 4.1 to 3.1 temporarily?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Mar 13 18:35:27 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 02:07:39PM +0100, Peter Bonivart wrote:
> http://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=3464
>
> I would suggest that we go back to the old 3.1 until this has been
> resolved. Either that the unofficial patch works or that ISC releases
> an update.

but the current one "works for me" too.

I think perhaps we should either just put a temporary dhcp3 package in our
"testing" dir... or if this is some kind of LONG TERM issue, we have a
separate dhcpd3 package.
(and note "dhcpD", not generic "dhcp" any more)_

>From what I vaguely recall reading, the dhcpd4 is "better" than the 3 one,
for a variety of reasons. so I think we need to keep offering the 4.
Thus, replacing v4 with v3, does not seem to be the best choice.