[csw-maintainers] new wiki page Enable Fast Install Information

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Mar 16 01:43:40 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 07:14:17PM -0500, Mike Watters wrote:

> I finally created a wiki page for --enable-fast-install option information.
> https://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gar/index.php?title=Fast_Install
> Please feel free to fix any errors you find.
>
> I added a link from the main page
> https://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gar/index.php?title=Main_Page
>
> if this is not the appropriate place for this link, Please move it and let me know for future pages.

it's not appropriate in that entire area, in my opinion.

For one thing, you have to log in to read it.
For another, it doesnt have anything to do with gar specifically, does it?
I'd say it belongs either on wiki.opencsw.org, or as part of our build
standards.
Neither of which people need to "log in", to read.

As far as our main site goes: if you think it would belong as part of one
of the existing pages, please send me a "patch".
If you think it deserves its own page there, we can set up one that is
owned by you, if you like.