[csw-maintainers] GAR safety check needed: UNCOMMITTED

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Mar 20 21:46:16 CET 2009

I have a sanity check in my hand-build packages:
I call "sccs check" before continuing.
If there is anything that is not checked in, it autocancels packaging.
I think that gar needs to have a similar feature.

or at the very least, it mods the package name from its usual, to insert
"UNCOMMITTED" in the filename, so if someone is making a package for test
purposes, they dont "accidentally" submit it for official release.

I've had to deal with a whole slew of packages, with
PSTAMP=xxxxxx-UNCOMMITTED-xxxx

lately. It's wasting a lot of time.