[csw-maintainers] On-line project resources

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 27 22:37:11 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> make up your mind.. do you want "changes now", or do you want to wait for
> the new site? please pick a path and stick with it.

I'm waiting for the new site because I know too well that something
you dislike from the beginning you will never warm up to, I jumped
through a lot of hoops to make the wiki more to your liking in the
beginning but it was never enough and the idea of making a modern wiki
look like your site from 1995 is not well invested time.

So, I'm waiting for the new site. Sticking with that. Still people ask
why this wiki is not better advertised. Real easy to fix.

> The "home" link in the left-side navbar, links back to the wiki itself.
> Both of those should link to www.opencsw.org, not the wiki, since the wiki
> is not the central web "home" of opencsw.org.
> Right now, the wiki seems to give the impression that IT is the central
> point of opencsw.org, for some "strange" reason....

I think it's a very common design to have "home" point to the first
page of the site you're at, I and probably many others would be very
surprised to be taken to another site. This is one thing (full)
integration will solve.

The first page explains very well what status the wiki has compared to
the official web site, you even contributed most of that text
yourself. That people would interpret logo links as something more
official than what is actually written in plain text is not very
likely.

This is a total waste of time. You made up your mind a long time ago
not to support this wiki and we're probably close to having an
integrated substitute so I'm not spending more time on this.

--
/peter