[csw-maintainers] libtool

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 29 20:42:51 CEST 2009

Philip Brown wrote:
> The "generic, and permenant fix", is to track down the dependant packages
> that are using libtool, and hound the maintainer to remove the .la files
> :-)

And in this case, the maintainer is "retired" and the "dependant
package" is the one I'm trying to build...

A recap:

CSWlibgsf consists of two libraries, libgsf-1.so(.114.0.11) and
libgsf-gnome-1.so(.114.0.11)
Both libraries get built without any problem, and
libgsf-gnome-1.so.114.0.11 gets linked to libgsf-1.so.114.0.11
But during the install (to work/pkgroot...) libgsf-gnome-1.so.114.0.11
is relinked (as usual when using libtool) get linked to
/opt/csw/lib/libgsf-1.1.9.1.

My thought was that someone might have seen this problem (with another
package) before and had a solution for it.