[csw-maintainers] OpenCSW default PHP version

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat May 9 02:59:46 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri May 08 17:23:22 -0400 2009:
> do you remember the specifics of WHY?
> i have forgotten.

You didn't think it was hurting anything to keep it as is.  My view is
that since it's dead upstream and our release is behind their last
security release it should be dropped...I don't even think upping to
the last 4.4.9 release is a reasonable time investment at this point.

> >  If I changed my argument to 'remove it from the catalog, but
> > leave it on the mirrors' would change your opinion Phil?
>
> That makes no sense.
> if we keep it, it stays in the catalog.

I was just trying to provide a way for people that want it (for
whatever reason) to be able to easily grab it without it being a
supported package with the csw tool chain.  Drop it is my official
stance.

> its worth discussing what should be /opt/csw/bin/php though.
>
> I am in favour of it being php5.

That's my vote, too.  I don't even think this is a real question at
this point.

> it doesnt look like there are any dependancies of OURS that use it.
> However, it would need to be carefully announced ahead of time to users.

Agreed.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.