[csw-maintainers] help with "make fetch"

John Ellson ellson at opencsw.org
Thu May 14 18:01:07 CEST 2009

Ben Walton wrote:
> Excerpts from John Ellson's message of Thu May 14 11:44:02 -0400 2009:
>
>> That worked, but why ???
>>

> The recursive calls to $(MAKE) will simply call 'make' later on, which
> will use the non-gnu system version.  You could override PATH in your
> Makefile to prepend /opt/csw/gnu (which has a make -> gmake symlink)
> to make this go if you wanted, but you'd have to do that in every
> recipe.
>
> Thanks
> -Ben

I don't have an /opt/csw/gnu     What package does that come from?

I have /home/ellson/bin at the beginning of my PATH, and it already
contains make->/opt/csw/bin/gmake.    Doesn't fix it.

Adding:
    export MAKE=/opt/csw/bin/make
seems to help.

Didn't someone write a:  "Recursive makes considered harmful" ?