[csw-maintainers] help with "make fetch"

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu May 14 18:31:21 CEST 2009

Excerpts from John Ellson's message of Thu May 14 12:01:07 -0400 2009:
> I don't have an /opt/csw/gnu     What package does that come from?

gnulinks

> I have /home/ellson/bin at the beginning of my PATH, and it already
> contains make->/opt/csw/bin/gmake.    Doesn't fix it.

This is because GAR sets a path explicitly.  You can override it
(per-recipe) by setting something like:

PATH := /opt/csw/gnu:$(PATH)

(The := prevents recursive expansion.)

> Adding:
>     export MAKE=/opt/csw/bin/make
> seems to help.

That would do it too.

> Didn't someone write a:  "Recursive makes considered harmful" ?

I don't know.  In situations where the system make is used, it's not
really an issue.  This is only a problem because the default make
isn't capable of running GAR (which leverages many features of the gnu
version that aren't available in the solaris one).

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.