[csw-maintainers] pkg-get/pkgutil: Download full dependency tree for offline installation?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue May 26 22:08:21 CEST 2009

Hi Sebastian,

Am 26.05.2009 um 21:47 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
> There is no machine on this net with internet access ... restricted
> environment. While i am still a bit reluctant to sync the whole
> mirror,
> there is a workaround using pkgutil.
>
>  PKG_INSTALL_ROOT=/dev/null pkgutil -d <swname>

Why don't you use this option?

      -s, --stream
           Build a package stream for a certain architecture and
           OS release. All dependencies will be included in the
           stream and the needed command to install them in the
           correct order will be displayed.

I requested it some time ago for this exact prupose.

> Btw., what's the disk usage of our current/ tree?

dam at login [login]:/export/mirror/opencsw/current/sparc/5.8 > du -sh  .
  4.1G   .

Feel free to check yourself, it is mounted in @login