[csw-maintainers] GAR: tweaking distribution file names

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 5 09:19:38 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Mmhhh, looks like the download-section needs some more work. There are
> other issues also with the current scheme when you have 10 files from
> 10 different locations where GAR tries every file at every location
> taking forever when you don't prime /home/src.
>
> What is in the files? Would they unpack to different directories? Or do
> you want modulation-specific sources?

The files are just binaries, they just need to be put into the
packages as they are. There's no unpacking.

Modulation-specific directories would do it, if the file names were
different for each modulation. This scenario would work:

http://www.example.com/download/x86/foo-x86
http://www.example.com/download/amd64/foo-amd64
http://www.example.com/download/sparcv8/foo-sparcv8
http://www.example.com/download/sparcv9/foo-sparcv9

But in this case we have:

http://www.example.com/download/x86/foo
http://www.example.com/download/amd64/foo
http://www.example.com/download/sparcv8/foo
http://www.example.com/download/sparcv9/foo

I think that file renames are necessary.