[csw-maintainers] Missing my_attribute.h from CSWmysql5devel

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 5 17:02:47 CET 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Wed Aug 19 14:40:13 -0400 2009:
>
>> What I thought of doing is taking your mysql5 gar Makefile, and
>> compiling mysql-5.0.x with it. Whether the new packages roughly match
>> the old ones, can be checked by comparing the prototype files. I've
>> done that when rewriting cups. What do you think about this idea?
>
> If you've got the time and energy, go for it.  At the very least, it
> would fix this bug with the current version of the package.  I'm
> hoping to have time in September to dig into the 5.1 stuff again.

I spent some time working on 5.0.x; I've copied the existing 5.1 build
and worked in a branch. I got it to build for 5.8 with 64-bit support.

The package is reworked from the ground up. It contains different
binary layout, and different ISAs support. Previously, there were
pentium-specific x86 binaries. The new packages conform to our x86 +
amd64 standard.

I tried the new packages to be similar to the old ones, but some
differences were inevitable.

I still have things on my TODO list before the package is complete,
but I decided to release it at its current state so that people could
provide feedback.