[csw-maintainers] User requests symlinking from /usr/bin to /opt/csw/bin

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Nov 20 18:10:04 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 6:24 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Am 18.11.2009 um 19:16 schrieb Philip Brown:
>>
>>> I dont think we have any business conflicting with packages that arent
>>> "ours".
>>
>> Let me give just one explicit example of why:
>>
>> "pkg-get install all"
>
> I can't imagine a single use of this. Why would anybody would want all
> packages?
> There is so much special stuff in the catalog that I simply cannot imagine
> that
> anybody would actually want to install everything.

That's kind of like saying, "I cant imagine anyone would do a 'full
install' in solaris. there's so many packages in there, no-one will
want to actually use everything".

:-P

People DO install everything.
Because it's easier/quicker than wading through everything deciding,
"Hmm, install this yes or no?"