[csw-maintainers] delays on the mail server

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 29 13:35:45 CET 2009

On 29/11/09, 12:12:31, Ihsan Dogan <ihsan at opencsw.org> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-maintainers] delays on the mail server:

> >> Due some troubles with Spamassassin's bayes database there have been
> >> delays with the e-mail delivery during the last 12 hours.
> > Do you use SQL to store the SA data?  It works well for me.

> I do, but for some obscure reason Spamassassin started to work extremely
> slow. I've decided to reduce bayes_expiry_max_db_size to 5000000.

That's still a lot of words, I keep the default of 150,000.  (I use
personalised bayes lists so I end up with a many sets in total).  Given
most people's vocabulary is in the 1,000s I think all a large list does
is store words it is unlikely to encounter again which is contrary to
the purpose of the storage.

Expire?  I set:
bayes_auto_expire 0
and batch expire nightly
/opt/csw/bin/sa-learn --force-expire -u ${name}

James.