[csw-maintainers] (now about sudo)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Nov 30 19:01:01 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

> ... What's going on? Why is the updated sudo not released?

Hmm. Maciej and I had been having a technical discussion over sudo,
trying to avoid potential failure cases. I thought we had a very
useful discussion.
Maciej, I apologise if you feel "disgruntled" in any way... While I
understand it might be frustrating to redo work, I thought we had
actually found the best way to move forward.

To resummarize (and recap a bit for the wider audience):
The core issue is that we have 3 packages:

CSWsudo -  "minimal" sudo (aka "normal" sudo that most people want)
CSWsudoldap - LDAP enabled sudo
CSWsudo-common  - common files.

The first two packages provide either a "sudo_minimal" or "sudo_ldap" binary.
The issue revolves around how/what creates /opt/csw/bin/sudo.

we need to be able to have all installed, and not cause conflicts.
We also need to have "sudo" behave as desired by the site admins.

After discussing various options, I think that the solution that
addresses all of Maciej's concerns, is to have CSWsudo also create a
symlink of /opt/csw/bin/sudo ->sudo_minimal in a postinstall script,
If and only If /opt/csw/bin/sudo does not already exist.

I suggested that on nov 18th, and did not see any objection, or any
reply at all, after that.
I presumed that meant he was working on the update. But now I guess not...?