[csw-maintainers] Handling of devel package splits

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Oct 5 11:05:49 CEST 2009

Hi James,

Am 05.10.2009 um 10:54 schrieb James Lee:
> On 04/10/09, 09:47:35, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote
> regarding
> Re: [csw-maintainers] Handling of devel package splits:
>
>> I would like to proceed on the splitting of devel packages as a
>> package
>> of mine is pending release whether the decision on this topic.
>
>> The current poll is
>> - 5 maintainers for "split off devel"
>> - 1 maintainer for "decide on case-by-case"
>
>> Does anyone feel that there is need for more discussion?
>
> Yes since you are missing options and no justification is offered.

And that missing options would be?

The justification is that it is a Good Thing not to have headers on
a deployment machine and that it is confusing for users to sometimes
have the devel-files inside the main package and sometimes not.

>> Has anyone (especially those who have voted) understood that the
>> split
>> will then be mandatory for package releases?
>
> No.  You have not made that clear.
>
> The poll lumps doc too but the thread subject says devel.

What does "lumps doc" mean?

> Your poll is void.

Ok then, do the maintainers who have already voted feel the same?