[csw-maintainers] Where's my CSWpydistutils?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 15 16:36:59 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Mike Watters <mwatters at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> ...but the distutils package isn't there in the catalog! I can't build
>> Python packages with CSWpython and it makes me a sad panda...

I'd like to request including distutils in the main package
(CSWpython). For languages such as Python, Ruby or Perl it's a common
practice to install modules or packages specific to that language. I
think would be nice to safe hassle of bumping into the missing module,
and then looking for the right package. Human frustration cost is
higher than disk space benefit.