[csw-maintainers] X11 update on test machines

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Wed Oct 21 17:58:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

Several missing X11 packages have been prepared, and ready to be tested.
You may have already see a few *proto packages in testing.  For
consistency reasons, we plan to packages versions which are coherent
with the X11R7.4 release. Latest stable release from X.org (packages
added after this release, thus not included at all in R7.4, may have
latest version if needed).

I rebuild yesterday all the proto files with the good versions,  and i
am planning to install these packages on testing machines to rebuild
the libs which are in GAR.

Does any one see a problem to this ?

. I will remove currently installed proto files, and replace them by th
freshly rebuild packages
. Then, i will rebuild and replace each lib, moving the libs to the
individual versions defined by X11R7.4 release.

This will be done *only* on test machines, not build !

cheers
W.