[csw-maintainers] pkginstall question

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Oct 28 10:59:34 CET 2009

Dago found that people having well patched servers ;-) could run into
this due to a new cool feature in Solaris 10 called turbo charged
packages. Writes to the contents file are being delayed and synced
regularly instead of written immediately which should give a
significant performance boost. This is included in Solaris 10 update 8
(10/09) and you can also get it via patch 119254/199255.

I have now added a sync which should flush all pending writes to the
contents file before using it in cpsampleconf and preserveconf. I have
tested it with and without the patch and it works for me but I want a
few more to confirm so we can have a quick release.

So please help test cswclassutils 1.27 in testing. Some packages to
test with are: CSWclamav, CSWossh and CSWcacertificates. If you
maintain packages that use cpsampleconf or preserveconf, please test
them.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/cswclassutils-1.27,REV=2009.10.28-SunOS5.8-all-CSW.pkg.gz

--
/peter