[csw-maintainers] Ganglia update

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 5 22:00:57 CEST 2009

Daniel Pocock wrote:

>> Create a new key on the build farm and add the public half to your
>> authorized_keys file.  This will get you access to the build machines.
>>

> I've just looked in ~/.ssh/ on login, and I see that is all set up - I
> can actually get to some of the machines, it is just build8st that
> prompts for the password
>>> I found this document on using the build farms, but it is not 100%
>>> clear, and it says it is not for GAR users:
>>>
>>> http://www.opencsw.org/standards/pkg-walkthrough
>>>

>> Please consider this deprecated.  Use the documents on the following
>> pages as a better getting started guide:
>> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/
>>
> Thanks, I had been looking over that as well, but it doesn't give me
> specific advice about what to do when my packages are ready for
> release.  However, I've just found this:
>
> http://www.opencsw.org/standards/
>
> I think the heading `Pkg file creation' might need to be `Pkg file
> creation and release', as it gives some notes about how to release -
> is this the most current version of the process?

I've now built libconfuse on build8s, but can't complete the scp to
www.opencsw.org as described in the document above:

bash-2.03$ hostname
build8s
bash-2.03$ scp
/home/daniel/staging/build-05.Sep.2009/libconfuse-2.6,REV\=2009.09.05-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
www.opencsw.org:/home/newpkgs
ssh: connect to host www.opencsw.org port 22: Network is unreachable
lost connection