[csw-maintainers] ganglia unofficial 3.1.3 RC in testing

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 22 18:33:48 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Am 22.09.2009 um 16:48 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
>> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>>> Hi Daniel,

>>> Cool, would you mind writing up some mini-docs on what to install on
>>> which
>>> machine at
>>>  <http://wiki.opencsw.org/packages>
>>> so I can install it?
>>
>> It's easier than that:
>>
>> - install ganglia_agent on every machine
>>
>> - install ganglia_web on the machine where you want to see the reports
>> (it requires apache2) - probably a public web server
>>
>> - browse to http://<apache2 machine>/ganglia/
>>
>> Everything should work automatically (after you restart apache2
>> perhaps, although you will see a message about that)
>
> You still have UNCOMMITTED in your package. Please commit all you have
> and make sure it has CSW instead in it. That way you can release the
> packages immediately after testing.

It is still officially a beta until the Ganglia community endorses it as
  GA - usually 1-2 weeks after tagging, if no one has found a major
fault.  I saw a message earlier that said I can't release properly until
it passes upstreams `beta' phase.

Can we test it anyway, and then I will commit and put it in newpkgs when
it is officially GA?