[csw-maintainers] About SUNW X11, CSW X11 and OpenGL

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Apr 6 21:08:17 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 7:22 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

> (2) OpenGL
> Solaris 9 doesn't have an OpenGL binding by default.

I dont even understand that statement.
What do you mean, "binding" ?

> And when I compile
> on Solaris 9 SUNWglrt is an optional package which I can not rely
> on. How should I proceed here? Compile without OpenGL on Solaris 9
> and only depend on Solaris 10 builtin OpenGL?

compile against OUR OpenGL providing package, which Makes Things Work,
automagically.

(mesalibs, if I recall correct)

it provides libGL. it also provides the headers.

Then if sun opengl is present, the program will use that at runtime.
Its that aux filter thing again.