[csw-maintainers] Package browser enhancement (was Re: Bug in HTML on our website)

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 13 10:06:00 CET 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 13.12.2010 um 04:09 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 2:33 PM, William Bonnet <william at wbonnet.net> wrote:
>>
>> @Phil : Since you have added this exrta column would it be possible to add
>> some more information in order to generate the direct download link please ?
>>

> I'm confused
>
> what "direct download"? there isnt one.

"Direct download" means there should be one :-)
Maybe a floating table

STABLE    Sparc      i386
5.8       1.0.1      1.0.1
5.9       1.2.1      1.2.1
5.10     (no special version, use 5.9)

CURRENT   Sparc     i386
5.9       1.2.1     1.2.1
5.10     (no special version, use 5.9)

Where the versions are links to the respective packages in mirror.opencsw.org.
This would be useful although we have pkg-get/pkgutil because some packages
don't have dependencies and the package-pages are usually the destinations
from where upstream links to. The people coming from there have no clue how
to get the package from the page otherwise.