[csw-maintainers] Some new problems with manpages

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Fri Dec 17 01:44:59 CET 2010

The old weblink to perform filename searches in the various packages is
gone and a quick survey of the new site did not reveal if this feature is
still available.  If you can point me to this, I would appreciate it.

Recently I have been getting the following error messages when I run a
nightly script to build the cattable manpages.

    Can't find referent of .so in /opt/csw/man/man3/gdcgettext.3
    /opt/csw/man/man3/fribidi_set_debug.3: null file
    /opt/csw/man/man3/fribidi_unicode_version.3: null file
    /opt/csw/man/man3/fribidi_version_info.3: null file
    Can't find referent of .so in /opt/csw/man/man3/gdngettext.3
    Can't find referent of .so in /opt/csw/man/man3/gdgettext.3
    Can't find referent of .so in /opt/csw/man/man3/gdcngettext.3
    /opt/csw/man/man1/sh.1: null file

[Yes, these are all actually in opt/csw/share/man, with a symlink from
/opt/csw/man]

gdcgettext.3 and gdgettext.3 consist of  ".so man3/gettext.3" and there is
no gettext.3 file.  This needs to be changed to ".so man3/ggettext.3"

gdngettext.3 and gdcngettext.3 consist of  ".so man3/ngettext.3" and there
is no ngettext.3 file.  This needs to be changed to ".so man3/gngettext.3"

fribidi_set_debug.3, fribidi_unicode_version.3 and fribidi_version_info.3
are indeed zero-length files, as is man1/sh.1.  Not sure what to do
about these.

Package CSWggettext manages the various gettext files.  I'm not sure which
package handles the frbi* or sh.1 files.

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040