[csw-maintainers] Interaction between PRESERVECONF, USERGROUP and PROTOTYPE_CLASS_foo

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Dec 18 20:13:07 CET 2010

Excerpts from Geoff Davis's message of Wed Dec 15 19:00:20 -0500 2010:

Hi Geoff,

> How do I get the permissions on cswpreserveconf-managed files to be
> non-globally readable, but instead readable only by a user that is
> created by cswusergroup?

Can you try the attached patch to GAR to see if it allows you to
achieve what you want?  The change should see the CLASSES value set
cswusergroup before any of the conf handling CAS types.  You can then
use prototype modifiers as you've already read about...at least I
think it should work for you now.

If it works, I'll commit it.

Thanks