[csw-maintainers] Dependencies on SUNW packages (was: newpkgs libslp1, openslp_devel)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Dec 21 18:12:08 CET 2010

On 12/21/10, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> I know that we don't list the SUNW dependencies, because we can't
> install them, that's fair enough.  But we probably want to ensure that
> our packages work when installed.  What's our strategy for CSW
> packages with SUNW dependencies?

wanted to potentially clear an ambiguity here:

first of all, I'm curious what you meant by "list". were you speaking
webpage, or actual depend file?

secondly... if we have a dependancy on a semi-'rare' sun package... we
can and SHOULD put in SUNW packages as a dependancy.
We dont usually bother having SUNWxxx in depend, because they are
probably installed anyway.