[csw-maintainers] CSWX packages

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 23 03:12:10 CET 2010

Hi All,

About a year ago, we discussed replacing SUNW package functionality
with our own, possibly using CSWX as a prefix.  I seem to recall that
we thought placing these packages in a separate catalog was the way to
go.  As I'm now working on the exim package, I'd like look at actually
doing this to get away from the request script and potential sendmail
binary replacement dance it does.

Should we use CSWXexim?  Would pkgutil, pkg-get and the catalog tools
play nicely with this?  What about naming it CSWsunw-exim and then
only including it in a special catalog?

I see the MTA packages and things like cups using this to replace
system functionality...is there enough merit outside of these few
packages to actually spend time on this?

Thanks