[csw-maintainers] CSWX packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Dec 23 18:33:45 CET 2010

On 12/22/10, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> About a year ago, we discussed replacing SUNW package functionality
> with our own, possibly using CSWX as a prefix.

that would be bad. we should stick to "CSW" exclusively.

> Should we use CSWXexim?  Would pkgutil, pkg-get and the catalog tools
> play nicely with this?  What about naming it CSWsunw-exim and then
> only including it in a special catalog?

Side catalog is fine.
OR... include replacement functionality  natively in exim, and allow
replacement of local binaries via csw.conf. With default to "no".

> I see the MTA packages and things like cups using this to replace
> system functionality...is there enough merit outside of these few
> packages to actually spend time on this?

Oooo, two birds with one stone. or in this case, two questions with one answer.

"default=no"

;-)