[csw-maintainers] Dependencies on SUNW packages (was: newpkgs libslp1, openslp_devel)

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Dec 24 01:45:48 CET 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu Dec 23 18:32:11 -0500 2010:

> Again, its the opensolaris problem. If you want to be NICE to
> opensolaris (and presuming opensolaris properly supports
> checkinstall scripts) then best you can do, is check for existance
> of the actual required file(s), and if not present, then and only
> then suggest "hey you need to install the equivalent of SUNWxyz"

Are we now supporting OpenSolaris officially?  IMO, OpenSolaris (or
whatever it in the new Oracle world order) is a 'best effort' entity.
Solaris 9 and 10 are the supported platforms, so lets make good there
and if it also works on OpenSolaris, great.

If and/or when we start creating IPS packages for OpenSolaris
officially, we can re-examine the issue.  In the meantime, if it
breaks on OpenSolairs...

Thanks