[csw-maintainers] Dependencies on SUNW packages (was: newpkgs libslp1, openslp_devel)

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Dec 24 14:14:00 CET 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu Dec 23 19:53:06 -0500 2010:

> well, there's "not supported", and there's "knowingly pursuing a path
> that breaks on opensolaris".
>
> I think we should avoid the latter.

Ok, but we've now veered into a different discussion.  We were
originally discussing how to handle packages where a (variably named)
SUNW dependency existed.  I think checkinstall is one (not necessarily
the best) way of doing that.

If we want to discuss the best methods for making our packages
OpenSolaris friendly going forward, then that would warrant a new
thread.  If you want to discuss that, please start a new thread.  It's
not of interest to me currently.

Thanks