[csw-maintainers] complex trac issue

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 23 11:31:42 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> "Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

>>> trac-admin /tracs/test resync
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>  File "/opt/csw/bin/trac-admin", line 5, in <module>
>>>    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
>>> ImportError: No module named pkg_resources
>>
>> Can you show a terminal session dump of how are you installing the package?
>
> As is quite verbose I attach it as a compressed file.

Thanks.  The problem can be seen below.  pkg-get tries to update
CSWpysetuptools.  It first removes the old version, and when it tries
to install the new version, it suddenly discovers that it cannot
download a dependency of CSWpysetuptools (that is, CSWdistutils).
CSWdistutils package is unavailable because it is obsolete and has
been removed from the catalog.  The system ends up with setuptools
uninstalled.

Removal of <CSWpysetuptools> was successful.
Analysing special files...
ERROR: no info for CSWpydistutils. Cannot install dependancy.
ERROR: could not install required dependancies for CSWpysetuptools
Once dependancies are up to date, call
        /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -i pysetuptools
to (re)install

I've just created an updated version of setuptools with the dependency
on distutils removed.  Please try the updated package in experimental.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/experimental.html#maciej