[csw-maintainers] complex trac issue

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 23 12:14:56 CET 2010

"Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:

>>> Can you show a terminal session dump of how are you installing the package?
>>
>> As is quite verbose I attach it as a compressed file.
>
> Thanks.  The problem can be seen below.  pkg-get tries to update
> CSWpysetuptools.  It first removes the old version, and when it tries
> to install the new version, it suddenly discovers that it cannot
> download a dependency of CSWpysetuptools (that is, CSWdistutils).
> CSWdistutils package is unavailable because it is obsolete and has
> been removed from the catalog.  The system ends up with setuptools
> uninstalled.
>
> Removal of <CSWpysetuptools> was successful.
> Analysing special files...
> ERROR: no info for CSWpydistutils. Cannot install dependancy.
> ERROR: could not install required dependancies for CSWpysetuptools
> Once dependancies are up to date, call
>         /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -i pysetuptools
> to (re)install
>
> I've just created an updated version of setuptools with the dependency
> on distutils removed.  Please try the updated package in experimental.
>
> http://mirror.opencsw.org/experimental.html#maciej

Installed and:

trac-admin /tracs/test resync
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/csw/bin/trac-admin", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2603, in <module>
    working_set.require(__requires__)
  File "/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 666, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 565, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: Trac==0.11.6

--
Peter