[csw-maintainers] Proposal : decommissioning desktop support for Solaris 9

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Thu Jul 8 00:27:58 CEST 2010

Hi

> we don't have to provide a full stack either. that was a mistake on our part .

well maybe... i was away for a few weeks, so i may have missed some
reasons. Was there another reason than loosing 3D accel ?
> as proof of concept, would you please recompile firefox... the old 3.0
> version you already had patched ... using our newer gtk libs and
> WITHOUT cswx11?

Which machine should i use ?

I tried to compile on current9x and testing9x it does not work on both
machines.
> I'd try it myself, but the odd things you did in gar made it not easy
> for ME to follow what you did :)

I surely did odd things with the X11 libs :) but hopefully there was GAR
... even for you ;)

cheers
W.

--