[csw-maintainers] Providing parent directories for pkgmap entries

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 14 10:32:55 CEST 2010

On 13/07/10, 15:26:49, Maciej "(Matchek)" Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org>
wrote regarding [csw-maintainers] Providing parent directories for pkgmap
entries:

> I've found an interesting issue and I can't decide whether it's a
> problem or not. If you look at the list of files here:
> http://www.opencsw.org/search/vsftpd/ -- there is a directory named
> /opt/csw/var/empty/vsftpd, but the directory  /opt/csw/var/empty is
> provided by neither vsftpd nor any of its dependencies.  During
> installation, /opt/csw/var/empty gets created. On uninstallation, the
> /opt/csw/var/empty/vsftpd directory is removed, but /opt/csw/var/empty
> is not.

> Is not providing the parent directory a bug?

Not if the parent directory is in a parent package, notably CSWcommon.
CSWcommon has directories surely to avoid duplicating directories in
sub packages, eg, avoiding 1000 entries for /opt/csw/bin in the package
database.

Note, most don't include common directories:
$ pkgchk -lp /opt/csw/bin

James.