[csw-maintainers] bad interactions with CSWcommon

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Jul 16 23:43:50 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu Jul 15 13:09:54 -0400 2010:
>
>> > If that were true then wouldn't setting LC_TIME to a locale that isn't
>> > currently installed also "break" things?
>>
>> yes. but there's a difference between,
>
> You also missed what I was aiming at here...I'm saying that things
> _don't_ break if you set LC_TIME to a bad value.  At least not
> anything that I tried broke.  Got a counterexample that shows
> something that _does_ break?

sorry about the misinterpretation of what you wrote.
what I wrote is still basically the same either way though.
Things dont technically "break" in the crash sense. But they dont
"work right". they just revert to as if it was not set in the first
place.

Would you mind doing a little research&inquiry into why specifically
the coreutils people provided those symlinks, please?

As in, finding out from them what specifically works, with their links
in place, and what breaks,if they are not in place?