[csw-maintainers] cswclassutils: location of template init scripts

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jun 1 17:50:03 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 1 de Junho de 2010 16:25, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:

>> What we SHOULD be doing, is something like.
>>
>> if test -f $dest ; then
>>   if cmp $src $dest ; then
>>      echo $dest already exists - continuing
>>   else
>>      echo ERROR: $dest exists and is not correct file
>>      exit 1 #?
>>   fi
>> else
>>  cp $src $dest
>> fi
>>
>> # and then later, do the "copy FROM $dest, to appropriate place(s)" as
>> we presumably
>> # do already.
>
> I think I know what you think it is, and it's not that. ;-)
>
> You need to think about what happens in the case of the "none" class,
> and then extrapolate it to our CAS.

I think what I just wrote, should work just fine. Unless the class
action script does not get called in a subzone, when the file already
exists.

If you are concerned for other reasons, please give specifics as to
why, rather than suggesting "extrapolation".

PS: the remove part of cswinitsmf would have to be adjusted also, to
not do "rm", when not needed.