[csw-maintainers] Coreutils and CSWgfile

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 11 18:55:47 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Fri Jun 11 12:49:53 -0400 2010:

> 1. If they are installed, remove CSWshutils, CSWgfile and CSWtextutils
> 2. Update the local catalog cache
> 3. Install CSWcoreutils or do an automated upgrade, during which
> CSWcoreutils will be pulled as a dependency to some other package.
>
> In what way having new CSWgfile breaks this?

Say they've got CSWgfile (fileutils) installed.  They update their
catalog and then install CSWcoreutils.  This is _without_ doing a full
upgrade, just an install.  As I'll be removing the I between CSWgfile
and CSWcoreutils, the admin could now see file conflicts between the
two packages.  It all comes down to _how_ the admin adds
CSWcoreutils...