[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libpaper

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Mar 18 21:34:51 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Roger Håkansson <hson at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> Nothing is lost by asking, hmm?
>>

> Well, the biggest issue is whom I should ask.
> There isn't any mailing-list and the current maintainer seems to have
> vanished (which is why nmu1 and nmu2 were created, it was the debian i18n
> team that created those releases)

that's a good question.

I think the relevant issues are:

1. who or what entities "own" the code (or perhaps in this case, the
"name", since it is GPL)
2. who "cares" the most.

For #1, i would almost say its sort of a "community ownership"

For #2, I would say, "the people who did nmu1 and nmu2" :-)

And also possibly the freebsd ports maintainer of it, if you want extra help.

>From a semi-legal standpoint, I would suggest that if "the current
debian maintainer" says "hey its all right to move it to sourceforge",
then things are clear to do so.

And if the prior, "official" maintainer is non-responsive, then either
of the prior nmu contributors, can submit through normal debian
channels, to become the new official maintainer.

(technically, ANY debian maintainer could. heck, I could. lol. It's
mostly just a matter of who cares enough, and has enough time to do
so)