[csw-maintainers] bad news on the CSW X11 front

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 25 17:48:03 CET 2010

On 25/03/10, 16:32:04, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote regarding
Re: [csw-maintainers] bad news on the CSW X11 front:

> > We have this issue with OpenGL because *all* of Solaris 8, 9 and 10's
> > hardware acceleration link to Solaris's X11.

> Veil of opacity falls on my mind...

> Now, tell me: if I'm using the X11 provided with Solaris 10 have I a 3d
> acceleration on those graphic cards where that feature it's available?

$ cat /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86
           Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                           Assembled 16 September 2009

$ dump -Lv /usr/lib/libGL.so | grep NEEDED
[2]     NEEDED          libXext.so.0
[4]     NEEDED          libX11.so.4
[5]     NEEDED          libc.so.1

It's not libX11.so.6 as is CSW X11.