[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] ClamAV 0.96 on Solaris9/10 - Intel

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 31 19:16:53 CEST 2010

Roger Håkansson <hson at opencsw.org> writes:

> On 2010-03-31 18:28, Peter FELECAN wrote:
>>> Since gcc/g++ is so OS bound, isn't it best to simply do one package
>>> for each OS version? And also only include what is supported on that
>>> OS (i.e no 64-bit on Solaris 8 x86 using binaries from Solaris 10)
>>
>> gcc is not so OS bound (if you have specifics I'm eager to know them).
>
> Well, they have target-OS compiled into the binaries, i.e 'gcc -v'
> gives 'Target: i386-pc-solaris2.8' (on x86) regardless of actual OS

That only a epiphenomena and doesn't imply a misfeature.

>> allways succeeded to release a unique package, OS release wise, for
>> gcc2, gcc3 and gcc4. You can isolate quite easily the release
>> dependencies. Anyhow, given that we do not support anymore Solaris 8 and
>> quite soon Solaris 9 why bother.
>
> Releasing separate packages should be easier than fixing the broken ones...

The issue is only with fixing the includes and it can be done manually;
BTW, it *must* be done manually when you upgrade your system's
headers. Consequently, I don't see how releasing separate packages give a
better solution.

Going back to the initial issue, that of Clamav compilation, fix the
includes on the build systems and everything will work, hopefully, well.
--
Peter