[csw-maintainers] cswinetd and cswetcservices?

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed May 5 21:08:50 CEST 2010

On 05/05/2010 02:47 PM, Ben Walton wrote:
> Excerpts from Darin Perusich's message of Wed May 05 14:23:33 -0400 2010:
>
>> Any luck locating/reviewing your docs to locate this?
>
> Sorry, got into other stuff.  There is no facility for the maintainer
> to default this to off.  It's administrator dependent.  Both
> /etc/opt/csw/csw.conf and /opt/csw/etc/csw.conf are taken into account
> (sourced by the shell).
>
> The following is how initial state is determined:
>
> default is on
> state set to off if autoenable_daemons is set to no in csw.conf
> state is set to off if autoenable_$svcname is set to no
> state is set to on if autoenable_$svcname is set to yes
>
> So, the autoenable_daemons setting is trumped by autoenable_git (for
> example) when installing git.

So if I added the following to /etc/opt/csw/csw.conf and
/opt/csw/etc/csw.conf, if they don't already exist of course, the
services will be disabled by default.

	autoenable_amanda=no
	autoenable_amandaidx=no
	autoenable_amidxtape=no

> The only sensible solution I see to allow the maintainer to set the
> default is to honour the # as the first character in the inetd.conf
> definition.  (I can try to look at this tonight.)

I initially set # as the first character in inetd.conf but the package
install throws the following error.

Installing class <cswinetd> ...
/opt/csw/etc/pkg/CSWamanda/inetd.conf
Service '#amanda' not found in /etc/inet/services. Won't setup inetd for it.
pkgadd: ERROR: class action script did not complete successfully
[ verifying class <cswinetd> ]

> Does this help?

Thanks, this was helpful.

--