[csw-maintainers] cswinetd and cswetcservices?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed May 5 21:14:51 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Darin Perusich's message of Wed May 05 15:08:50 -0400 2010:

> So if I added the following to /etc/opt/csw/csw.conf and
> /opt/csw/etc/csw.conf, if they don't already exist of course, the
> services will be disabled by default.
>
>     autoenable_amanda=no
>     autoenable_amandaidx=no
>     autoenable_amidxtape=no

Yes, this would keep them turned off.

> I initially set # as the first character in inetd.conf but the package
> install throws the following error.

This wasn't something that was planned for. :)  I'm inclined to agree
with Phil's reasoning on this though.  I'd recommend splitting out an
amanda_daemon package that adds the daemon specific bits as required.
There isn't much point in having amanada on a machine if you're not
going to use it, right?

Thanks