[csw-maintainers] package naming conventions for addons to other packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Nov 1 16:43:42 CET 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Thus, here is the reformulated call for vote:
>
> Do you, as an active foundation maintainer, agree to relive the current
> limit of packages name from the current 20 characters to the 32
> characters defined by the current packaging system?

That is more reasonable. And something I can actually support, myself.
That being said, I dont think it appropriate to change it, without
some notice and call for discussion from the full user base.

I'll post something to announce, and users.
I think a minimum wait of 2 weeks for any feedback is appropriate.