[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_calendarsimp, pm_calendarsimple

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Nov 2 16:49:37 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:53 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Why is this dependency a problem now? All of my stubs
> I referenced in my last email had both dependencies to
> CSWcommon and CSWperl and as the dependend package has
> also both dependencies there I can't imagine why that
> should be a problem.

Because the package itself does not actually depend on CSWperl.
That at least should be a clear "wrong" to you. We are sometimes
interested in "how many packages need perl", and stubs like this throw
off the count.

Additionally, this has been a standard since day one of CSW: If
package A depends on package B which depends on package C: it is an
ERROR to say that A -> C, unless it directly uses things in C.

Perhaps not so clear, is that depending on CSWcommon is also wrong.
The stub(s) uses nothing of the contents of CSWcommon.

Dago, I did not closely examine your stub packages prior to this,
because I presumed as a long-time maintainer such as yourself, would
"do the right thing" without me checking. :)
But since Jonathan is relatively new, i took a closer look at his stub package